Electrical Apprenticeship & Metal Fabrication Apprenticeship
TEC Contracting is seeking applications from persons wishing to undertake a Certificate III in Electrotechnology trade as an Apprentice Electrician or Certificate III in Engineering Fabrication trade as an Apprentice Metal Fabricator, commencing in 2020.
As an apprentice you will be exposed to a wide range of experiences in particular the Heavy Industrial environment, whilst undergoing structured training and being mentored by a qualified Trade Personnel. These positions are located in Port Pirie, SA.
Requirements for the roles:
- Willingness to undertake all duties, including routine workshop tasks
- Use initiative in relation to day to day activities
- Be capable of working independently or as a member of a team
- Safely and competently complete physical tasks, as required
- Communication skills to liaise with employees and customers
- Ability to complete required paperwork and follow instructions
- Ability to pass medical screening and National Police check
- Have a valid & unrestricted Manual Australian Driver Licence
- Proof of Right to work in Australia
Work environment and physical demands:
These positions are not limited to a workshop environment with large proportions being outdoors and will require the employee to carry out physical tasks which may include manual handling, repetitive bending, kneeling, twisting and/or squatting, lifting, working in confined spaces and working at heights. Some of our client sites has the requirement to wear a half-face respirator during execution of the works, which necessitates the absence of facial hair below eye level to ensure an appropriate facial seal. This position may be required to work outside normal hours and travel as required.
Please forward applications to email@example.com.